Using my stash

I needed and went looking for some mindless piecing over the weekend, making some more blue (January) Rainbow Scrap Challenge four patches.
Plus lots and lots of purple four patches for Febuary,  I managed to use up all the pre cut purple triangles, with three stars and one HST block.
























I spent most of my sewing time quilting.  There is a limit to how much quilting my shoulder will handle.  So in stops and starts I free motioned quilted this cot quilt.  It started life as a panel, a friend had the perfect shade of blue for the border and then I had some digger & truck fabric for the border.  
Its a good feeling to be using up the stash. 
Its a fantastic, enlightening feeling to be writing my first post without any photo hassles!  I followed  Chooky Blue instructions posted on her blog, and emailed the photos off my phone to my blog - where they became this post :) .  That makes me so happy, you cannot imagine.  
My second source of joy over the weekend was buying myself a second hand desk, I have been using an old laminated table for years.  I had looked, but came to the conclusion needed to look second hand because I have a desktop PC, with a tower, so old fashion, and all the new desks are tiny little things (presumably for people with iPads or laptops) without any drawers to keep things in, so impractical!  So I can now blog in comfort, instead of being surrounded by piles of stuff, that did not have a home.  There was another purchase, from the local op shop - a little chest of draws, perfect for my sewing corner, but it needs sanding back.  A project for later....hubby is still working on the desk I brought our son. So he was relieved my desk didn't need any work on it ;) and so was I!
Happy quilting Sue.

6 comments:

  1. I look forward to your plan for the four-patches. I have a lot left over from my last project.

    I made fun of a blogger who had to make a hot rod quilt for her brother...and then got a request from my grand-nephew for hot rods. So only compliments for your digger quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does feel good to put the stash to use. Great progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your tractor quilt! So cute. And I totally understand the shoulder pain when quilting. I'm not sure what causes that, but I have to take a lot of breaks too. I like your purple stars and can't wait to see what you are going to do with everything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your rainbow stash busters keep piling up. The little cot quilts will be loved by some little person. Glad you found the perfect solution for your blogging. It makes a difference when you have a good set up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! on your PURPLE posting success. The blue squares and cot quilt are looking good, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love any post that starts with lots of pretty purple blocks. :)
    Very cute quilt from the panel. I know several little boys that would love to snuggle under that quilt!
    Congrats on your successful, hassle-free post, and on your op shop finds! I love a good hunt through the thrift stores here, myself.

    ReplyDelete

Some kind friends said.....

Kim Diehl star in a churn dash blocks

I was just popping in to read some of my favorite bloggers, after a six month absence!  Then I saw that there was this draft post, so figure...