Cave Hill Patchwork Camp

 I started off with a Moda Collection for a Cause Historical Blender jelly roll and some background.  I wanted to make another Vivid Grid quilt, the pattern was originally published in Quilts and More magazine Spring 2017 and is by Sharon McConnell .  With no triangles and only two differnt length stips to cut, I declare this pattern perfect for super easy piecing, when a girl just wants to have fun!
I went home with all my 36 x 10" square blocks completed, enough for a 6 x 6 layout, = 60" square quilt.
All the while I was piecing these blocks I was also piecing half square triangles in scraps of green and neutral, for my newest Rainbow Scrappy Challenge block. I cut up alot of scraps recently into HST to finish at 2.5".  So they got paired with neutrals (this months colour for RSC) and made into this little pile of 4.5" unfinished blocks. 
 And I started making mini churn dash blocks, 3" finished.
I was ridiculously pleased with the first one.  Despite careful cutting and piecing I had found that my mini blocks would often result in lost points.  However after good advise from Janet I swapped over to a different brand of thread, because it is thinner...it made all the difference! 
I spent a lot of time looking for mini pieces, its amazing how quickly they get "lost" because they are so tiny!
 But I managed a finished flimsy (14.5 x 18"), the pattern is called "Little Red One" by Red Button Quilt Co and I brought it all as a kit from Quilters Harvest.  I have yet to do the simple embroidery stems in centre of churn dashes, with mini button's for flowers.
 
 My friend Lisa put these sweet Bonnie and Camille log cabin blocks together over the weekend and made multiple bags/purses, of which I neglected to get pictures :(
 
I was too busy looking at the beautiful view this idyllic location offers, plus eating, talking and madly stitching!
Happy quilting Sue.


Second Spring table runner finish


I have been working on this Norma Whaley table runner "Spring Blooms" for two years, so it was great to finally be quilting it.  I had picked this pattern specifically because it was the right size to protect the top of the cabinet that our television sits on.
So I wanted to quilt it fairly heavily.  Hence little stipple in the centre, also helps to make the peels "pop".  
Then outlined the applique, quilted the applique design in the gaps and some larger stipple in the borders.
Nearly finished. Just got to decide if I am going to attempt some quilting in the green border or not? A attach the binding....just waiting on a fabric package in the mail :)
Happy quilting Sue.

Another new quilt commenced?!

Months ago I signed up to go to a patchwork camp I haven't attended in years...mainly because I already go to two small private retreats each year - an indulgence that I hang out for!  However this year one was cancelled and so I had to decide what I would want to do at a "normal" camp.  Normal being, lots of ladies, no cooking duties, but not so much private space to spread my stuff out!
 Enter one jelly roll that has been sitting in my stash for way to long.  I purchased some yardage for background at Quilters Harvest sale before they closed the doors :(
 I started cutting the pieces from this fabric for a new version of Vivid Grid!
This is going on camp with me.  So hopefully there will be some progress to show next week.
Happy quilting, Sue.


Cave Hill Patchwork Camp

 I started off with a Moda Collection for a Cause Historical Blender jelly roll and some background.  I wanted to make another Vivid Grid q...