I Spy kids quilt top finished

After resewing all the four patches into their background colours I laid them out as a top. 
I did not want sashing that was too light or too bright.  The polka dots was just right!
 And the stash revealed 2.5" novelty squares perfect for sashing, some of which had previously been fussy cut - others were just too cute to throw away, even if I did cut off half the kite!
 
I auditioned a few options for borders, but it had to be red in the end!  
Ta dah!  A lovely kids quilt - not large, but the majority out of my stash.  And although incoming fabric (sashing) was more then outgoing fabric (completed top), the sashing will go towards another top in the same style, but next time with bigger squares.
Now back to stash browsing to find a backing!
Happy quilting Sue.

6 comments:

  1. Lots of interesting little windows to keep a little one entertained. A lovely little finish Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great...I love dot fabric for sashing and backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the dotty sashing fabric, well done on another flimsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sashing choice let's all those fun fabrics be the stars. I like how you arranged the squares with their color families. It keeps the busyness down but the playfulness in focus.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like this layout for an "I Spy" quilt. It isn't overly busy looking and it is easier on the eye as you go on the hunt. : )

    ReplyDelete

Some kind friends said.....

Kim Diehl star in a churn dash blocks

I was just popping in to read some of my favorite bloggers, after a six month absence!  Then I saw that there was this draft post, so figure...