Piecing in Portland 4

In order to finished my Autumn Star quilt I needed to buy some fabric for a final border.
We had a road trip from Portland to Warrnambool to visit Ann and Barbara at Periwinkle Patchwork.
Duh, I didn't take any photos of the shop, sorry!  Hmmm, might have been because I was too busy talking!
Anyway I got this great stripe (bargain it was on sale) which was perfect for this quilt.
I managed to cut and sew on the two borders for this quilt while we were away, so it is now a finished flimsy.
Then a few days later in Adelaide (at Widebacks) I got this very appropriate fabric for a backing! 
Ann from Periwinkle pulled all the reds off the shelf from me until we settled on this lovely fabric as a border for my Red and White Dresden plate quilt.  But I haven't cut or sewed the borders yet.
However that didn't stop me buying the perfect backing at Widebacks.  This red is a Primitive Gatherings print and all the "white" prints in my Dresden plates are from a Primitive Gatherings jelly roll, so very pleased with this match.
Happy quilting Sue.

6 comments:

  1. A good stripe always makes a nice final border, it suits your autumn quilt well. Love your red choices too, that backing colour is delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the quilt........and esp the dresdan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dresden quilt is looking good, and the star quilt is very effective, but so simple. Shows off the fabrics well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You found some great fabrics. The stripe is great with your autumn quilt and those Dresdens are awesome. You had to buy it when you see it otherwise, it might not be there when you go back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great choices on your very successful shopping expeditions. Now just to finish those quilts .....

    ReplyDelete
  6. The red and white quilt is gorgeous, I have some of those primitive gathering fabric, must dig it out!

    ReplyDelete

Some kind friends said.....

Kim Diehl star in a churn dash blocks

I was just popping in to read some of my favorite bloggers, after a six month absence!  Then I saw that there was this draft post, so figure...