Scrappy Bargello in red and purple

 I  spent time sewing strips last week...then cutting strips...and resewing strips!
Scrappy Bargello in Red and Purple - free pattern by Bonnie Hunter.

Last Friday at my new Sit and Sew group I got two more panels finished.  Then was able to finish the last panel and sew them all together that night.  

I have found the right fabric for the first border in my stash, but the second border will require a trip to the shops.  I am not sure going to the shops is a good idea...I think I had better stick to working on some more UFO's!
Happy quilting Sue.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! That's wonderful. You're on a roll. It does feel good when a UFO is nearly finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a lot of sewing but I am sure Bonnie made it as easy as can be. It looks very effective. Borders will finish it off nicely and concentrate the pattern. Is this one for you? We have had a sick boy this long weekend so have been working on sewing the binding on some quilts (I use Red Pepper Quilts all machine version). These quilts are old and deserved time to get finished. Only hold up is my Pigma pen is dead so labels will have wait. I will hopefully remember to pick one up at the craft show in a couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very informative post for me as I am always looking for new content that can help me and my knowledge grow better.

    ReplyDelete

Some kind friends said.....

Kim Diehl star in a churn dash blocks

I was just popping in to read some of my favorite bloggers, after a six month absence!  Then I saw that there was this draft post, so figure...