Green and Gold

Its the last weekend in May and the last chance for green blocks in the Rainbow Scrappy Challenge.
 I found these blocks yesterday, when I was looking for borders for something else.  Its not a good sign when you find a UFO that you had forgotten about!  So I set about to sew the unfinished blocks and then sew it all together.  Now I am back to looking for border fabric!  This quilt is for Aussie Hero's, hence the Australian animals and green and gold combination.
Happy quilting, Sue.

8 comments:

  1. Always a peasant surprise to find blocks ready to be put together into a quilt top. Doesn't it make you wonder why you didn't get to it before. I've found blocks more than once and have wondered why I didn't get to that finishing step.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it. Love the colours you used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good work getting that Aussie Hero quilt put together. Some lucky person is sure to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky you finding this UFO - especially love your text fabric in there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think we all have things stashed away that we'd forgotten about. At least you got to turn yours into something wonderful. Good Luck with the border fabric hunt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you find a perfect border print. This is looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, you had a great time this weekend at Chooky's party and got a lot done. Love your bag and the green top. Wonderful makings.
    Greetings,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great prints. Hope you post a picture with it's finished.
    I'm going through my sewing area this year and finding UFO's tucked here and there that I'm finishing up. Working on a small tub of tumbler units I cut in 2013 and forgot about.

    ReplyDelete

Some kind friends said.....

Kim Diehl star in a churn dash blocks

I was just popping in to read some of my favorite bloggers, after a six month absence!  Then I saw that there was this draft post, so figure...