Please don't be offended!

Please don't be offended if you read my blog, but I stop following yours!  Usually the number of blogs I follow reflects the amount of time I have.  Presently I need to cut back following the end of summer holidays.  Plus we have lots of issues with our Internet connection, which I thought might have been fixed by now...but alas no! Ah modern technology, don't you love it...but cannot live without it! 
 I cut these novelty transport squares out in January, after watching Bonnie Hunter start a star quilt ... I figured this project came under "kids quilt" on my wish list!  Please note Bonnie makes BIG quilts, but this pattern is for a cot quilt - well its 46" x 46".  I don't need any more cot quilts but figured I could make bigger for a friends son.   
  Sunday I made the star blocks.  So far this is all out of the stash, including the yellow checked background, which I thought I would NEVER use...but works OK there don't you think?  The reason I love Bonnie is that she combines all sorts of colours, patterns and gets it to work...so this has been encouraging for me to step out of my comfort zone...plus the need to use up some "ugly" fabric! Now all the flying geese are suppose to be scrappy, multi coloured points and backgrounds, but that was way WAY out of my comfort zone, especially when I had big enough scraps to make a few!   
Next step was to decide which fabric I will use for the sashing? I had decided on the black and white check  but the orange in the centre is looking better then I had thought...what do you think?  Oops just remembered I am making this quilt BIGGER, so better go back and make some more stars!  Or perhaps I could make a big border???

 A finish for February...a mug rug with a heart tea bag!  Thank you Lisa, who sent me the link to the blog Where the Orchids Grow for the free pattern.  Phew, I promise I did get it finished on Tuesday in time for St Valentines day....plus I made DH's favourite lamb roast for dinner and a chocolate ripple cake for dessert, which has probably added 2 kg to the scales, but boy it was good!

Happy quilting, Sue.


3 comments:

  1. I like the black and white fabric for the sashing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mug rug is lovely. I like the blue leaf print. That will be an awesome boy quilt. They are some great prints. Good luck with the internet. It is SO frustrating when you have connection issues.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2 lovely projects the mug rug is very cute.

    ReplyDelete

Some kind friends said.....

Kim Diehl star in a churn dash blocks

I was just popping in to read some of my favorite bloggers, after a six month absence!  Then I saw that there was this draft post, so figure...